Vbeam laser is a Pulsed dye laser intended for the removal of all types of face redness (rosacea), dilated capillaries, congenital hemangiomas, angiomas.
It operates at a wavelength of 585 nm, with a very short pulse. The short pulse of thePulsed dye laser allows for the high energies to be delivered without the risk of damaging the surrounding skin.
Vbeam laser technology is far ahead of Nd:YAG lasers, KTP lasers or IPLs, or all other lasers designed to remove redness and capillaries.
How Pulsed dye laser (Vbeam) works
Pulsed dye laser uses selective heating of the target tissue, while it only passes through other skin structures.
When a laser beam reaches the skin, it is absorbed, scattered, or transmitted.
Absorption takes place in blood vessels, creating inflammation.
The inflammation causes the blood vessel to close.
What is a Vbeam laser used for?
Vbeam laser can be used to remove vascular structures:
1. Superficial hemangiomas, congenital or acquired port-wine stains, angiomas.
2. Red capillariesaround the nose or cheeks, neck or décolletage.
3. Congenital redness of the cheeks, poikiloderma of Civatte
It can be used to remove non-vascular structures:
1. Flattened warts, and less frequently plantar and palmar warts.
3. Pyogenic granulomas.
4. Lesions caused by psoriasis. It is somewhat less successful than UVB therapy, but unlike UVB therapy, it does not damage the skin, but instead stimulates its firmness.
5. Nail psoriasiscan be successfully treated. Biological therapy gives better results, but Vbeam laser treatment has no side effects. 6
. It is used in the treatment of keloids, atrophic and hypertrophic scars.
7. Melasma can be treated with this laser device but accompanied by other treatments.
8.Vbeam can regenerate burnt skin, immediately after healing. According to many scientific studies, this is a laser that at the same time resolves redness, itching, tightness and stimulates the skin to renew after burns.
9. Surgical scarsshould be treated immediately after suture removal.
What does a Vbeam laser treatment look like?
What does a Vbeam laser treatment look like? The exception is the wart treatment, for which a topical anaesthetic in a cream can be applied. The treated area will become darker after treatment.
The colour can be changed from light pink to dark purple, depending on what is being treated and whether it is acceptable for the patient. More intense redness lasts from 4 to 14 days after treatment.
Treatments are performed once in 4 to 6 weeks. Very mild swelling of the face can occur very rarely, which can be reduced by applying cold compresses after the treatment.
If swelling develops, it resolves in 2 days.
The more intense the change in skin colour during the treatment is, the greater the effect of the treatment will be, but the recovery period is also longer.
What are the side effects of Vbeam laser
Side effects are extremely rare and consist of transient bruising and mild swelling . Yellowish pigmentation can persist after bruising for up to two
months after the treatment, but it is extremely rare.
In those sites where extremely high energy was used, a smaller scab may appear.
If the scab is not touched, it will leave no scar.